[Gllug] Is is it nasty ?

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Wed Aug 1 13:26:57 UTC 2001

Hi

I do not think that it is a virus. The extension has been changed which
could mean that the XLS file that is in it contains some VB which could be a
virus. The application/mixed should have been application/ms-excel if the
extension was xls. The reason why the file looks like that is because it has
been sent in the wrong format, I think, although it could be a clever way to
get you to correct it and bugger something up. I have sent word docs using
text/plain but this buggers them up beyond all recognition. I do find it odd
that you have received a file with this extension added to it and the type
changed. I could be talking out my Ar$e though.

Harry

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk