[Gllug] Iplog

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 15:14:04 UTC 2001

---------------------------------------
Message from:-
Tim Clarke  (tim at seacon.co.uk)
Seacon Holdings plc Group, London, U.K.
Telephone: +44 (0)1474 320000
      Fax: +44 (0)1474 329946
---------------------------------------

Darren wrote:-
>Does anyone use iplog?  Looks like a good program for
>improving knowledge of scans, however i can't get it to print
>output to screen or disk when detecting any scans.  This is
>on Redhat 7.1. and iplog-2.2.3-fr1.

I am using iplog on Redhat with kernel 2.2.19 with no problems.
I am about to port it to Redhat 7.1 - will let you know if it works in due
course.

The iplog I am using is version 2.2.1 which is older.
I am guessing that iplog has to be 'in step' somehow with the kernel in use;
this may be the problem, I don't know.  If you are using a redhat installed
RPMS version then it ought to work.  Another thing maybe worth looking at is
whether your kernel is running ipchains in 'compatibility' mode, or iptables.

Meantime, the following is my iplog config on the 2.2.19 kernel, if it
helps at all:-

user nobody
group nobody
logfile /var/log/iplog