[Gllug] ssh

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 10:42:12 UTC 2001

I'm trying to install the ssh server on an old 486/33.

When I first started it it generated an RSA key which took a minute or
so.
Then it says generating DSA key (I think these TLAs are correct, I'm
doing this from memory).
Than it just does nothing on screen - I've left it for 15 mins. Is it
just doing some heavy calculation that takes ages - should I persevere?
There's no message, dots, spinning cursor or anything.

Otherwise it might be because I've got slightly different build numbers
for the openssh and openssh-server rpm's.

On a related note, what's the essential difference between rsh and
telnet? Do they both give the same functionality but just use different
protocols or something?

--
Paul Brazier
Cosmos UK

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk