[Gllug] Which laptop?

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Thu Aug 30 16:11:36 UTC 2001

Nooo!  Go to Totenham Court Road and get any off the shelf IBM.  They all
work, unless you insist on using a old distro, where you might not find
the latest 3c59x Ethernet driver in the kerenl.  If you want something
smaller get a little Sony VAIO or something.  I've seen lots of people
(well, at least Alice) use these with Linux.  Basically, everything works
today.  Get the best laptop you can afford - most comfortable keyboard,
bigest screen, biggest disk, 512Mg ram [1].  Personally I would get an IBM
Thinkpad.  We use loads of tham at my (almost former) employers.  They're
great.

Regards,
Bill.

[1]Why mess about, eh?