[Gllug] NTFS fix under DOS

Simon Stewart sms at digital-science.net
Fri Aug 3 11:19:52 UTC 2001

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 06:48:59PM +0100, Simon Bunker wrote:

<snippity-snip>

> > Wine is not an emulator. It's your friend.... ;)
>
> Yeah but in most cases Wine Is Not Enough ;o) I'd harly call it the stablest
> environment in the world - Native is always better. I have a feeling things
> like 3D Studio Max (which I use quite a bit) would have problems using WINE!

The best results that I've had with WINE were with a Win95 OSR2 with
USB support release providing the libraries. Got it to the point where
I could play Unreal using my Voodoo2 under X. Infintely cool.

But not very stable. I was hoping that in the year and a half since I
last used it things had improved. But then, it's going after a moving
target....

Cheers,

Simon

--
"You can't have everything...Where would you put it?" --- Steven Wright

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk