[Gllug] Free to a good home - mahogany wall unit (built in)

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Fri Aug 3 22:15:00 UTC 2001

Free to a good home - mahogany wall unit (built in)

We have an L-shaped mahogany wall unit, which has been removed and largely
dismantled. This is free to a good home for anyone who can find a use for
it (seems a pity to junk this much tropical hardwood seeing as it was cut
down some years back).

It had to be removed to get at poor wiring when we moved in here, but we
have concluded that it isn't to our taste and was in the wrong place. And
now we have decided not to re-use it in a different position.

The unit was built into an alcove beside the fireplace and consists of a
cupboard with two doors, this is of the following dimensions
(inches/centimetres):

51/130 wide
16.5/41.5 deep
32" high to the top of the cupboard unit.

Above this cupboard unit is a set of shelves, with a stained mahogany ply
back to enclose the entire unit. The overall height of the unit is 85" and
the number of shelves is 4.

The L-Shape was abutted to the left hand side of the cupboard unit. I
can't remember the dimensions of this - same height and matching shelf
heights, but don't remember its length. There are two 85x16.5" planks
which formed the sides of this L-shape, which are rebated for the shelves.
There is also stained mahogany ply backing to this.

To get it apart some wood plugs had to be removed to get at screw heads,
but with some plugging and polishing these should look OK again.

As I said, seems a pity to put this sort of timber in a hole in the
ground.

Collect from Summertown, Oxford, or if you are willing to pay up for time
and trouble we could deliver as we have an estate car with roofrack...
within the area of Oxford environs that is!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk