[Gllug] Which laptop?

jane taylor jane at moonrose.demnospamon.co.uk
Fri Aug 31 10:49:35 UTC 2001

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:15:28 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time), you wrote:

~On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, gllug at codex.net wrote:
~
~> On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, William Palfreman wrote:
~>
~> > the latest 3c59x Ethernet driver in the kerenl.  If you want something
~> > smaller get a little Sony VAIO or something.  I've seen lots of people
~> > (well, at least Alice) use these with Linux.  Basically, everything works
~>
~> hmmm, there's only one person i know called alice who goes to gllug
~> meetings, and she's got a Sharp and a Fiva.  hmmm, no where is *my* lovely
~> vaio baby...
~
~Hm.  Must be seeing things.  Anyway, I still believe a VAIO will work,
~even without any confirmed users!

OK I'll confirm one, a friend who's not on this list but has been
using and developing KDE apps on his Vaio for some time now. I keep
trying to 'borrow' it but for some reason he won't let me :-)

jane

--
jane

Mark Twain

Please remove nospam from replies, thanks!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk