[Gllug] IDE -> SCSI converter

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Tue Aug 28 14:43:17 UTC 2001

Just thought I'd let you know I tried one of those IDE to SCSI converters
for IDE drives in my linux box and it works like a treat.
70 pounds for a 40 gig IDE drive, 50 pounds for the converter and for 120 I
have a 40 gig scsi drive, connected to the scsi card.

Apparantly you can get about 20 megs/sec on it. Which is more than I need.

http://www.pc500.net is where I got it from who are based near me in Park
Royal. Cosider the cost of a scsi drive at 400 for 40 gigs it's quite a
saving.

Tushar

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Monarch House, Victoria Road, London W3 6UR         |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk