[Gllug] Adaptec 7896 drivers

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 09:51:00 UTC 2001

On Wed, 2001-12-12 at 19:56, Craig la Buscagne wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea where I can source Linux drivers (Red Hat &.x) for
> the Adaptec AIC7896 SCSI adaptor?

What? An AIC7896 driver? In the kernel?
In the file aic7xxx_pci.c ?
At this time in the morning?
With Linus' reputation?

Craig, sorry if I'm raving as usual, and you have already
found this in the kernel config:

Adaptec AIC7xxx support
CONFIG_SCSI_AIC7XXX
  This driver supports all of Adaptec's PCI based SCSI controllers (not
  the hardware RAID controllers though) as well as the aic7770 based
  EISA and VLB SCSI controllers (the 274x and 284x series).  This is
  an Adaptec sponsored driver written by Justin Gibbs.  It is intended
  to replace the previous aic7xxx driver maintained by Doug Ledford
since
  Doug is no longer maintaining that driver.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk