[Gllug] Installing Stuff?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Dec 11 16:53:14 UTC 2001

On 12/11/01, 4:27:40 PM, Vincent AE Scott <gllug at codex.net> wrote regarding
Re: [Gllug] Installing Stuff?:

> hmmm, i keep comming back to the same conclusion every now and again.
> But i like my bleeding edge Cooker.  Can some debian users please
> comment on how razor sharp the most upto date debian variant is?

Unstable is bleeding edge enough to cut you on a semi-regular basis.
Testing is less prone to falling over, gets packages from Unstable
quickly (that's what it's for, testing the patches) and is easy to
install Unstable packages onto (unlike Stable, which might often require
cascading updates - or some heavy editing of the source package).

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk