[Gllug] How to make a mirror?

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at uk.now.com
Wed Dec 12 11:35:03 UTC 2001

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 10:53:33AM +0000, James Bailey wrote:
> Hi
>
> At uni I'm looking at making a mirror of selected sites that are heavily used
> by our students, my questions are:-
>
> What is the easiest/faster way to automatically mirror a :-
>
> (a) FTP Site
>
> (b) Web Site

You will probably find mirror.ac.uk usefull and also the Janet cacheing
hierarchy. http://wwwcache.ja.net/ if you're not using it it might prove
usefull, AFAIK most .ac.uk sites have been using it since 1998 (?) when
transatlantic costs came in.  Certainly with mmc/umist/man.ac.uk that
was the case.

If it's a usefull resource you might be able to get the mirror.ac.uk ppl
to mirror it for you, http://www.mirror.ac.uk/feedback/iwantamirror.html

Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk