[Gllug] Umeet

Formi rcarrera at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 14:05:30 UTC 2001

On 4 Dec 2001, John Hearns wrote:

> I saw this announced on kernelnewbies:
>

> http://umeet.uninet.edu/umeet2001/english/prog.eng.html
>
> This is an online conference about Unix, Linux, networking,
> etc...
> Its an interesting concept.
> Some of the titles of the papers are in Spanish,
> so I guess they'll be presented in that language.

 Sounds good, do remember that Linux in latin countries is
 growing faster than in english speaking countries.

 Saddly because south americans don't have much money for anything
 in most cases...

 And that there are less people brainwashed by big multinationals,

 Don't see the spanish only papers as a negative thing, it is a good
 thing. Sooner or later they will be translated.

         Cheers,

                                             Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk