[Gllug] Computer case

richie at smalldragon.net richie at smalldragon.net
Mon Dec 17 12:28:36 UTC 2001

>John Davies wrote:

>> I'm wanting to build my own TIVO box, however I can't
>> find a supplier that sells computer cases that blends
>> in with a TV and hi-fi equipment ie is a black or
>> silver desktop.
>>

>Acme do black rack-mount cases.
>
>Also why don't you ask Vince? He has a spiffing stainless steel case.
>

>Or why not just look in a skip and get an old video recorder or
>amplifier?
>Could you not put a motherboard and drive in a case like that -
>with judicious use of an electric drill, and maybe double sided
sticky
>pads
>to hold the drive in place??

To the case, soz - don't know of any....

To the solution - I already have one up and working - unfortuantly, it
is Windoze 2000 based (www.snapstream.com) - does anyone know of similar
software that uses linux?

Also, I have been a bit sneaky about the machine as well - my wife won't
let me have a pc in the lounge :(  So I put it next to the adjoining
wall, and hooked up an IR  keyboard/mouse arrangement through the lounge
- that part works a treat!

Considering the CPU power required to capture TV quality to HD, I doubt
u will be able to get away without some pretty substantual fans in the
system as well :(

Cheers,

Richie

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk