[Gllug] Too many apps

harry postituk at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 03:26:29 UTC 2001

<Just a thought>
I honestly think that sometimes Linux has too much choice ( a fleeting
thought no need to flame me). As you can probably see I am having fun with
Kmail, this is because it is the mail client I have found that involves the
least fiddling with and learning etc etc. I am trying to learn so many apps
and that I have fun deciding which one to try next when I should really be
learning one then moving. Its a hard life.
</Just a thought>

Anyway!!
It would appear that for next years OU course I am going to be using Sybase
to learn about relational databases. Is there anyone out there using it in
anger. Be careful when you reply as you may get lots of daft questions up
until October 02 about it. I have had a look on their website and it seems to
be quite a powerful tool. I wonder what the OU  have done to it  to be
allowed to use it, its probably an impotent version.

At least I think it is Sybase I have not installed it yet as the windows half
of this PC has got corrupted and no longer accepts my user name and password
and will require a reinstall (No I have not forgotten it ). I know that there
is a way around this but I cannot be arsed trying to hunt around for it. I
suppose I should really get another PC to run the OU stuff and the thought of
more power is gaining ground in my head. I would love another little network.
I already have the hard disk, ram and kvm.  Are the fairs any cheaper in
January if so I can see myself doing a little shopping.???

Would £400 go far at the fairs at the moment????
--

Harry Jackson

19
"Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk
for people who can't read."
Frank Zappa

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk