[Gllug] OT, but funny

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Wed Dec 12 17:02:12 UTC 2001

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 12:49:23PM +0000, John Southern wrote:
> Apart from being morally wrong on two counts (1)Stolen & (2)MS is just
> WRONG.

To me, `stolen' implies that something has progressed from being
somewhere that it should be - a default place - to being somewhere else
instead, without permission of the original owner.  Copyright violation
doesn't remove the copyrighted material from the owner, so doesn't fit
my definitions of stealing and theft.

> I think a UK judge may also treat it as a bad thing. There again maybe
> FAST are wrong with all those letters.

It'd have to be a civil court judge, then.  Copyright violation isn't
a criminal matter that the police will handle - it's a matter between
the person in breach and the entity owning the copyright.

- ~C.
--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
As to luck, there's the old miners' proverb: Gold is where you find it.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk