[Gllug] INSTALLFEST - wrapping up some details for tomorrows meeting.

Colin Murphy colin at ql4ever.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 11:14:40 UTC 2001

OK then guys and gals, Installfest tomorrow, all welcome, especially
regular GLLUG attendies, so you can check out the venue, because, if
we're lucky - and good - we should be allowed to use it again on a
regular, bookable(!) basis.  Could this be the start of regular, monthly
meets, we shall see ;-)

We are going to start at 10am, so, if you are coming along to help, we
will meet in the main recieption of the Uni, on New Cavendish Street.I
will be there from about 9.45(ish). If you still need to see where,
there is a link to a map on the web page. <http://gllug.linux.co.uk/>.

I'm still on the look out for an IDE CD-Writer, can anyone say they can
bring one along.

One thing I've forgotten about is a 'Monitor set-up' crib sheet.  Some
of the people will be bringing along just their base units and use the
monitors at the Uni.  I think we should have something they can take
away with them to explain how to start setting up the display once they
get home.  Anyone volunteer to do this???  Failing that, will you post
here a list of important points so that I don't forget anything.

We are going to burn some Mandrake CDs while there for the Installees,
mainly because that's what the Uni use for themselves.  If you want,
feel free to bring some other distros along.  The Uni. machines we will
have access to have removable hard drives, and so we can consider them
as being blank.

The meeting is given over to brinign in and helping very new Linux
users.  But, there is plenty of space, so, if you feel like showing
something off to the regulars, like a 15 minute presentation or BOF
talks that you are raring to give, then come prepared.  We will not have
access to any very big displays tomorrow, just monitors.

Colin Murphy - colin at ql4ever.demon.co.uk
A man for all seasons, 'specially pepper.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk