[Gllug] [OT] Mailman configuration

The Flying Hamster hamster at korenwolf.net
Wed Dec 5 14:31:31 UTC 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 12:57:44PM +0000, John Hearns wrote:
> a) is it possible for the mailman user on the system to have
>    a shell of /bin/false, or should it have /bin/bash?
>    I think it should be /bin/false - but see problem (2) in
>    that I'm not getting aliases set up properly.

I think it'll need to be /bin/<shellofchoice> because it needs to fire
off scripts and the like.

> b) I am not getting the aliases set up correctly when I add
>    a test list.  The newlist utility isn't giving me alias
>    lines to add, and nothing seems to be added automatically.
>    I have a specific alias file for Mailman in
>    /home/mailman/mailman.aliases
>    BTW, I'm using this with Postfix

Sounds like a postfix specific problem, I'm using exim with the
directors / transports from exim.org which remove the need for
specific aliases on the list server.

(For those that want to know the final killer problem with the install
here was a broken logging system which caused exim to turn into a
complete dog.  strace -p is possibly my best friend in the universe
atm).

   Mark

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/
The moral is to the physical as three is to one - Napoleon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk