[Gllug] DHCP & DNS

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Thu Dec 6 09:03:16 UTC 2001

I would like to set up a range of DHCP addresses on my home network so that
I can just plug my machine (and vistors) in and they'll get access without
recnfiguring them.
The problem I have is with DNS.  I would like to be able to have my
machines keep there hostnames with diffrent ip addresses. So if I plug my
laptop in and it gets ip 10.0.0.5 then when I do
host laptop.mynetwork
I want to get 10.0.0.5
I would like this to work for windows boxes as well as linux if possible.
Is there a way to do this or am is it just wishful thinking?

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk