[Gllug] Debian

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Wed Dec 19 13:47:37 UTC 2001

* Stephen Harker (steve at pauken.co.uk) wrote:
> I could get to like this Debian thing you know. After a few abortive
> attempts in the past, I have succesfully installed Potato (2.2r4) and
> now I'm updating it using dselect (apt) to Woody. But, is it really

No need to use dselect. In fact its probably a bad idea....

apt on #debian says:

<apt> well, potato->woody is edit /etc/apt/sources.list, change all
mentions of "potato" or "stable" (except security.debian.org) to "woody".
Then "apt-get update", "apt-get install apt-utils debconf" and "apt-get
dist-upgrade", et voila!

This worked great for me. Damn thing messed with my apache config though
:-/ didn't keep documentroot the same place and so on... I know there are
issues with X4 on upgrading and stuff but I don't run X on my debian boxes
I've upgraded...

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com fractalus.com/steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk