[Gllug] Debian

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Thu Dec 20 12:34:55 UTC 2001

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 10:56:17AM +0000, Stephen Harker wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 December 2001 13:24, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > go to the Debian site go to the testing pages below and you will
> > find these two lines.
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/
> >
> > deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
> > deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main
> > contrib on-free
> Isn't there a local mirror I can use? ie http.uk.debian.org??

It'll be http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian, but I actually find
ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian much better (i.e. ftp protocol instead of
http) because on my uplink they have a transparent proxy for port 80 traffic
which simply doesn't work 90% of the time.  IMHO, ftp is a better protocol
for file transfer anyway.

Pete