[Gllug] Erratic Mouse Behaviour

harry postituk at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 20:10:43 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 05 Dec 2001 6:19 pm, you wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> > <rant>
> > For future reference, you may find it easier not to reinstall after such

> > minor hardware change.  Reinstallation (and rebooting for that matter) is
> > almost never necessary with linux.  I (for one) find it frustrating when
> > someone asks "How do I reconfigure linux to use a usb mouse?" when the
> > documentation is plenty good enough for this, but that's nothing to the
> > frustration encountered when I hear that someone has gone and reinstalled
> > after such a change.
> > </rant>
> > Sorry for the rant, and I'm glad you've got it working,
>
> I'm glad you felt you had perceived cause and occasion to rant at me
> because that gives me exactly the same opportunity don't you think?
>
> <RANT>
> Next time you feel like coming across so damned superior please be aware
> that first of all I was thanking others for their invaluable help and that
> secondly I am a complete beginner with Linux and, though highly qualified
> in that arena, solely MS experienced. I do NOT need idiots like you going
> evangelistic on me!
> </RANT>
>
> Touché!

Keep the noise down and leave the toys in the pram. Some of us (*most) are
aware of the newbie dilema. Its like being cast afloat in shark infested
waters with your bird and she has the painters round.  I am relatively new
and as I noticed tonight, I spent three, 3, troi blooming hours before I
phoned someone and heard the immortal words "You don't want to do it like
that you wanna do it like this".  I admit that some people deserve the the
holy flame of Brian and the shoe but if you notice a face that has not been
on a list long then, before you don your flame proof webing with full nuclear
plasma thrower utensils have a wee thought, we have all been there.

I am not having a dig but when I first discovered life after MS I was scared
shitless of the reputation that the geek world had gained,,,,,,,, "They do
not suffer fools gladly and will have your guts for garters at the first sign
of whateverness...." Its not a comfortable feeling joining a list , So "spare
a thought for the poor sir".
Harry Jackson

4
"In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes"
Andy Warhol

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk