[Gllug] DNS services needed

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 16:46:26 UTC 2001

Hi,

the people that provide my DNS primary for my domain (phcomp.co.uk) are about to close.
I have never had to worry about this aspect of things as it has been done for me - 'till now.

I have access to friendly always-connected machines that can act as primary/secondary DNS servers.

I have been looking at www.nic.uk, they want to charge GBP 80 (presumably a year), but will reduce that
to GBP 5 if I were a member (but at 100/year that is silly).

All that (I think that) I want is someone to act as a tag holder so that I can control my domain.
I don't want them to do anything: all DNS changes I will handle myself.

Any suggestions as to what the cheapest way of doing this is.

TIA

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>