[Gllug] My dad

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore-cfc.com
Wed Dec 19 12:03:44 UTC 2001

Dear All,

talking about Linux on the desktop in 2002 and all that stuff,
I've decided to use my poor old dad as a guinea pig.

I've bought him a sysem from Scan - 1Ghz Athlon, 256Mbyte RAM
(Thanks for that Christian). Pkus 17 inch monitor.

I have a boxed set of SuSE 7.3 - (you know who you are. Thankyou!)

I will also give him a few copies of Linux Magazine, including the
latest which has Open Office 6.0

But what I need is a reccomendation for a good book for beginners
with Linux, specifically SuSE.
And maybe KOffice too.

Also, I need reccomendations for an ISP.
Linux friendly, and also maye a flat-rate deal as my parents are
retired.

Who knows, I might get hime to write it up for Linux Magazine.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk