[Gllug] Like vnc, only text

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Tue Dec 18 04:12:34 UTC 2001

On 16 Dec 2001, Alex Hudson wrote:

> Anyone,
>
> Is there any kind of tool like vnc for consoles?

OK, I know you know what screen is and I know others have mentioned it,
but I take it that you are aware that you can use the -x option to have
multiple attached screens at the same time? This really does sound like
all you need...though I suppose there's always that "optimal" solution.

I'd suggest an interim fix of using some clever login scripting to create
or re-attach terminals based on various criteon, etc. ttysnoop is not IMO
really what you're after - though it could be modified to do what you
want.

Cheers,

--jcm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk