[Gllug] Evolution again.

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Wed Dec 12 12:00:49 UTC 2001

Timothy Coggins(tc at sonicated.com)@Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 01:55:29AM +0000:
> On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 21:26, Lance Dow wrote:
>
> > Firstly, the Spellchecker is greyed out and, therefore doesn't work. Can
> > anyone suggest why? Have I missed a library somewhere?
>
> You need the gnome-spell libraries
> (http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source//gnome-spell/) installed for the spell
> checking to work and at present and they are only availible in cvs.
>
> I compiled and installed them a few weeks ago but nothing in evolution
> chainged ;) Now evolution has hit 1.0 I might try it again, has anyone
> else got it working?

well, i installed evolution a few days ago from the MDK cooker archives,
and the spell checker worked straight off.  didnt have todo a thing, but
i pretty much have most stuff installed already.  including:
gnome-spell-0.1-6mdk

personally, when it comes to programs that have some kind of
relationship to each other, i find it easier to use packaged up
versions.  Or just get the CVS versions of *everything* that can be
used when compiling up the program in question.

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk