[Gllug] very odd KMail Behavour

Simon Trimmer simon at urbanmyth.org
Sun Dec 23 17:35:47 UTC 2001

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001, George F.Saxby wrote:
> Hi,
>  Whilst trying to send a message my 2year old apprentice tech shutdown the
> firewall. Having got the firewall back on line I still had a frozen X
> consol.gave it the cntrl-alt-bkspace routine. Then startx only to find the
> setting were as they were last October with NO mail in or out according to
> Kmail (my usual mailer ) since then !!!
>

> Any ideas where to find the last 3 months of mail records for my pop3
> connection?

Oh dear :)
I have one suggestion, if you are delivering via sendmail+procmail or similar
you might find you have a stack of log messages in maillog

# tail -1 /var/log/maillog
Dec 23 17:17:54 localhost sendmail[13311]: fBNHHqX13309:
to=<cut at somewhere>, delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp,
pri=30598, relay=mailhost.mite.net. [194.106.32.1], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent
(Message received: 20011223170613.AAA15838 at localhost.localdomain)

Though this depends on how your system is configured, on a system like mine
it will catch incoming and outgoing email.

Oh as I'm going email dead for a week, a merry Christmas to the Gluggers!
(and don't gllug too much of the christmas spirits ;)

-Simon
Simon Trimmer <simon at urbanmyth.org>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk