[Gllug] 3com 802.11b card / GBP56

Jim Cheetham jim.gllug at gonzul.org
Mon Dec 10 15:44:58 UTC 2001

Guys,
I've just received a bit of advertising spam (paper) from 3com, offering
their new (?) 802.11b pcmcia card with a retractable antenna, with an intro
price of GBP56.

Is this a good deal, I wonder? Well, not for me, anyway ... :0)

www.3com.co.uk/speedracerseed was the url given for the offer on their
literature, but it doesn't work for me. I found
http://emea.3com.com/products/wireless/wls_pcc_xj.html
as an alternative. There's also a phone no, 0845 3308507.

Smallprint ... "Limit one per qualified end-user company site. Valid
to qualified end-user companied only"... list price $175"

I suspect this means that the offer will be difficult to get, but
as I don't need my offer, I'd be willing (with a suitable money escrow
or course) to try getting one for someone else. Of course my company employs
a fair few people, so I've no idea if I actually am eligable ...

-jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk