[Gllug] CD copying

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 14:39:25 UTC 2001

tet at accucard.com wrote:

>>I can take an exact copy of the cd using dd.
>>
>>Is it possible to then burn a cd from the resulting image.
>>

> Yep, I do it all the time:
>
> 	dd if=/dev/scd0 of=/stuff/cdimage.iso
> 	cdrecord -v /stuff/cdimage.iso
>
> You can mount the image as a loopback filesystem to check that it's
> OK before burning it to CD if you wish.

I just mounted a CDROM image using the following:

mount -o loop ./image ./directory

and cd'ed to it and there were loads of files there.  I don't know why
but this I find this very cool. :-)  I am going to create images of all
my cd's now before the novelty wears off.

Will.

--
*claw claw* *fang*
*shred* *rip* *ad hominem* *slash*