[Gllug] Computer case

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Mon Dec 17 16:19:08 UTC 2001

I have an old IBM P100 supporting my smoothie system. The power supply is
admirably quiet; the hard disc is probably even pretty quiet by today's
standards. However - there's still sound. Are there any (CHEAP / almost
free) suggestions for 'silencing' the hard disc? I demand absolute
silence!!!

I was thinking about stuffing the case with old t-shirts but then the
concept of 'fire hazard' occurred to me. I little more 'practical' might be
to glue that bumpy, foamy stuff to the inside of the case. I don't know
where I'd get it from though.

Anyway ideas are welcome... Maybe an active noise cancellation thingy might
work. Although I doubt that's cheap, or free, or even practical.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk