[Gllug] uk gov report on the state of oss

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Wed Dec 19 16:22:10 UTC 2001

Sort of, they've got some framework that looks very .Netish; with Java at
the centre of the whole mess. It's still in the vapourware stage but I think
it has legs from the bits and pieces I've read. They seem to have made a
conscious attempt to avoid the things that piss off everyone about M$. The
result is that all the groups at the top of the feed chain profit, not just
the single entity at the very top of the pile - M$.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk