[Gllug] Windows -> Linux

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.co.uk
Fri Dec 7 09:04:22 UTC 2001

On Thursday 06 December 2001 20:52, Jake Jellinek wrote:
> Oh, the other issue we have at the moment is with someone in our
> Design team who just won't let go of Adobe Photoshop. They just won't
> be convinced that the GIMP is as good or as easy/whatever. It's all
> what you are used to I suppose, and somehow designer/artists seem
> very het up with sticking to what they are used to. I haven't gone
> into the specifics yet with this person although they were mumbling
> something about different Layer types not being available or
> something. Anyone got any practical experience of switching from
> Photoshop to the GIMP and the issues?

Sadly the gimp is not as good as photoshop. It's not 16bit for a start.
Photoshop is one of our main reasons for having NT boxes as well as our
linux workstations. The Hollywood branch of the gimp CVS is supposed to
be 16 bit however I haven't been able to get it to build it yet.

Huw

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk