[GLLUG] Token ring W95 PC's losing connection

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Tue Dec 18 15:40:25 UTC 2001

> On a number of occasions I have had to get a packet sniffer on the
> network and show them that their firewall is not responding as it
> should etc.

That sounds familiar. Maybe it's just me, but network techs always
seem to assume that their network is untouchable. The number of times
I've heard "it's a server problem" in response to a complaint is more
than I care to count. It's only when I've been able to show them
tcpdump logs that they finally admit there might be a problem. There's
little they can say when confronted with a packet leaving on a given
interface, for which I can supply the source and destination addresses
and ports and show that it never made it...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk