[Gllug] Debian

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 12:09:34 UTC 2001

Hey Guys.
I could get to like this Debian thing you know. After a few abortive
attempts in the past, I have succesfully installed Potato (2.2r4) and
now I'm updating it using dselect (apt) to Woody. But, is it really
necessary to run the install screen so many times. I must be on about
the 10th pass by now. It keeps conking out and claiming there are
errors in the packages while unpacking, configures what it has done
so far and then I have to start over. Is this normal? If I delete the
.deb files that are dodge from /var/cache/apt/archive, will it
automatically fetch them again?
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk, http://www.pauken.co.uk