[Gllug] Blair gets into bed with Gates

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Tue Dec 4 14:40:47 UTC 2001

Hi,

I am not sure that standing outside with few placards is going to bother
Bill or Tony that much. :-(

What I believe would be more useful is for us to campaign via email or
letter to your MPs (if not a cowboy on the circle A ranch) that amongst
the M$ monopoly there is an official Open source pilot scheme properly
monitored by the UK audit office and for what it is worth parliamentary
committee.

I very much doubt that at this point that any of the Linux Distros are
geared up to running the NHS's IT infrastructure but surely if the Red Hat,
  Suse and even Debian cooperated they could manage a pilot scheme to prove
that the Linux/GNU option is the best.

Any one on the list helping or working for a Linux distro like to respond?

peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk