[Gllug] Installing Linux software (Part II)

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Wed Dec 12 16:00:47 UTC 2001

Hi all,

I must confess to having less trouble with Debian with than I did with Red
Hat and SuSE.  However I know more now so it is not a fair comparason.

It would be good for the rpm distros to maybe get together and try and
improve the situation or alternatively bow down to the one true distro and
  adapt apt-get as the package management system of choice. ;-P

Yes David, I know it is fundamentally fscked but it isn't as fundamentally
fscked as the rest. ;-)

I still say tar is your friend and feel an un-natural desire to use
Slackware and Rock Linux.

Peace Jim

The seven degrees of human happiness.
First, to die fighting for liberty; second, love and friendship; third,
art and science; fourth, smoking; fifth, drinking; sixth, eating; seventh,
  sleeping.
--Michael Bakunin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk