[Gllug] Custom X headers for POP and IMAP email clients

Jim Cheetham jim.gllug at gonzul.org
Tue Dec 11 10:36:19 UTC 2001

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 09:50:26AM +0000, will wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Anyone know a good email program that you can use to send emails with
> costom x headers?  I am using mozilla and can't find an option anywhere.

Mutt works well for this ... (as for everythnig, of course)

send-hook . "my_hdr X-Subliminal-Message: Everything I tell you is false"
send-hook custom-recipient at target.address "my_hdr X-Random-Header: whatever you want"
send-hook anyone at ms-outlook-using-domain "my_hdr X-Message-Flag: Stop using Outlook and get a proper email client!"

Note that the X-Message-Flag header causes MS Outlook to pop the contents
into a yellow alert box at the head of the message, with a blue triangle icon.

-jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk