[Gllug] [OT] while we're flaming anyway.. (was: Erratic Mouse Behaviour)

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 21:24:48 UTC 2001

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, James Rocks yowled:
> Pete,
>
>> Our "resolution" you speak of was off-list in case you didn't notice, but
>> this mail is explicitly posted to the list in the hopes that other
>> non-linux users who read it will show a little respect for
>> the people who quite happily spend their time dispensing free
>> advice to those outside the community.  I am happy to be the
>> mug to say all this, but I am of the opinion that it needed to be
>> said, and on-list.
>
> Bugger! I just checked and you're right, I had not realised ... I assumed
> that from the "[gllug]" in the title it was!

Argh, woops. I wondered where the resolution you referred to was; I was
looking for dropped emails in my logs... :)

> Methinks the time to withdraw is close at hand :-(

Methinks the time to learn about mail filters is at hand, so you can
sort all this stuff into different mailboxes. I'd be wholly unable to
keep track of the email flood without it.

Myself, I use procmail; it'sa heavily used program (read `heavily tested
and doesn't lose mail unless you tell it to'), with the upside that
there's almost nothing you can't do with it and the downside that it's,
um, a tad baroque, shall we say.

(OK, so that's perhaps not too different from every other Unix
program. I'll brush over that. ;) )

--
`The situation is completely under control. All of them were killed.'
     --- Alim Razim, for the Northern Alliance, demonstrating fine

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk