[Gllug] Please Can We Stop! (was "while we're flaming anyway...")

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Mon Dec 10 15:51:23 UTC 2001

FWIW, I appended the <rant> thingos so that in the case anyone was offended
at my way of pointing out that the most optimal fix was not used by James,
they could just go "Ah that's just pete mumbling about some crap again" but
it seems the reverse effect was had and their use actually caused the
offense.  My culture (I'm Australian) is a little different to yours (a
little blunter perhaps?) so you'll have to allow me a little slack with my
lingo.  But I don't like to offend, especially when I'm a guest in your
country (although I plan to stay for a while).

Also fwiw, I don't really care if this thread continues or not.  I'm
currently not yet working (any pointers to job opportunities obviously
welcome ;) so I've got the spare time to read it all.  Although the more
this crap goes on, the less I learn from other threads I guess, and this
list really is a wealth of knowledge!  There's some real gurus here, but I
digress..

Anyway, sorry to you all to have (at the very least partly) caused all this
waste of resources.  It won't happen again.  I hope.

Pete