[Gllug] SCSI questions

mallum breakfast at 10.am
Tue Dec 18 12:50:49 UTC 2001

Hi all;

My Intel rackmount ISP2150 server finally arrived yesterday via
Ebay. The Processors and ram I'd purchased whilst waiting both fitted
and appear to work.

The box has 4 swappable drivebays with an Adaptec AIC-7896 controller
which does both Ultra2 and Ultra Wide scsi. one of the bays is populated. I
believe the seller added the drive seperatly himself. The drive is a
seagate cheetah 18lp which appears to fit ok but doesn't spin up when
I power the machine nor is it detected in the machine scsi-bios setup.

Im a newbie when it comes to scsi and am really unsure on how to
proceed. I been trudging through various online pdf's which out much
success. Anyone give me a clue on whats likely to be the problem ?
Would the drive not spin up if the scsi chain was not terminated ?

Apologies for randomness;

  -- mallum

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk