[Gllug] C libraries on Red Hat 7.1

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 22 15:04:28 UTC 2001

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Darran D. Rimron-Molloy spake:
> I've been getting similar problems... but my LD_DEBUG is set to naught.....
>
> (pts) /home/ddrm/c :o) echo $LD_DEBUG
>
> (pts) /home/ddrm/c :o) gcc freader.c -o fread
> (pts) /home/ddrm/c :o) ./fread testfile.ini
> 19639:  binding file /lib/i686/libc.so.6 to /lib/i686/libc.so.6: normal
> symbol `_IO_funlockfile' [GLIBC_2.0]

Strange, strange. I wonder if RH has patched glibc to cause it to bleat
more often than normal? --- I'll yank source RPM down later on and have
a look at it.

This is exactly the same as LD_DEBUG=bindings...

> Can anyone shed light?

Is this the same libc as normal programs are using, or is your gcc
carefully linking everything you compile against a different
libc/ld-linux.so.2?

--
`Mmm... Maybe I just like strong women that can hurt me?'
     --- Vadik, on female throat-cutting doctors

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk