[Gllug] Was I hearing things?

Kieran Barry kieran at esperi.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 11:39:30 UTC 2001

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Chris Bell wrote:

>    I heard a headline this morning on BBC Radio 4 News that the government
> is complaining about M$ prices and *has threatened to go elsewhere*. Was
> this just an isolated mention, or are cracks starting to appear?

Dunno about the start of a trend but:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk_politics/newsid_1710000/1710589.stm

Reading the article, this sounds like the stuff a while back with the
NHS.  They're sabre rattling as part of price negociations, IMHO.

Although it does say that the Treasury is leading negociations.  Might
our Gordon shaft Microsoft to spoil the love-in between Tony and BillG?

Watch this space :)

Regards

Kieran

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk