[Gllug] HTML editors

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 09:30:21 UTC 2001

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Ian Scott moaned:
> Of course, *REAL* emacs users set their windowmanager to
> "emacs -geom 0+0x800x600"!

Emacs has long been able to act as a login shell; why not use it like
that?

(In fact, XEmacs-21.4+ can act as a somewhat unusual init(8)
replacement. Who needs a userspace when you can have XEmacs?)

>                            You can then use emacs for email
> (rmail/mail),

Both those modes are foul antiques fit only for the dustbin. Use vm
and/or gnus for mail reading and message-mode for mailing out.

>               web browsing (w3m, or lynx in term mode),

Why use half measures? emacs-w3m :) w3m for rendering, Emacs for
graphics, navigation, and frontend.

>                                                         games
> (tetris, sokoban, snake).

emvaders, bubblet... :)

--
`Mmm... Maybe I just like strong women that can hurt me?'
     --- Vadik, on female throat-cutting doctors

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk