CD Writers - Re: [Gllug] Installfest - the where and when.

Colin Murphy colin at ql4ever.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 12:55:28 UTC 2001

Stephen Harker wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 December 2001 08:39, you wrote:
>
>>machines, should they have any unusual hardware. The equipment you
>>bring will need to be registered with security when you arrive - to
>>help with this, please make a note of the serial numbers on your
>>equipment before hand.
>>
> I have an external SCSI CD-Burner (8X) if you want me to bring it to
> copy distros with. Shall I bring a SCSI card as well?

We have access to a multi-drive CD-writer, so your offer isn't necessary
for copying distros, but might be useful to show how SCSI devices get
installed.  If you can, please bring it along, with a card.

More usefull, possibly, would be an IDE CD-Writer.  I believe these are
more complicated to install, or to get to write at least.  Does anyone
have an IDE writer they can bring along, with knowledge of how to get it
working?

> So. Is the entrance on New Cavendish street itself or what. Sorry,
> I've never been there before.

Yes, we all need to go through Main Reception, from the entrance in New

Cavendish Street.

This is a new venue for all, and if all goes well, I hope we will be
able to make much more use of the facilities.

Colin Murphy - colin at ql4ever.demon.co.uk
A man for all seasons, 'specially pepper.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk