[Gllug] Win&Lin accessible filesystems

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 16:02:00 UTC 2001

> 2] In earlier versions of dos and windows, when you had two drives,
> the first partition on the second drive was D: even with more than
> one primary partition on the first drive, but under 95, they seem
> to letter all the primary partitions on the first drive before
> lettering the second drive. So all the shortcuts to programs I had
> on my second drive had to be changed from D: to E: and some
> programs just refused to work after the change.  Grr.
Hang on.
C: = first primary (fat16/32) partition on first-drive
D: = first primary partition on second-drive OR if no primary
partition on second-drive, then first logical partition on
first-drive OR if not either of these then first logical partition on
second drive...
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk, http://www.pauken.co.uk