[Gllug] HTML editors

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 18 23:48:12 UTC 2001

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, David Damerell stipulated:
> On Tuesday, 18 Dec 2001, Paul Brazier wrote:
>>Can anyone recommend a fairly lightweight GPL HTML editor for Linux?
>>I'm just looking for things like syntax highlighting and auto-indenting,
>>not a WYSIWYG thing.
>
> Emacs html-helper-mode.

Good grief, does GNU Emacs still use that old thing?

I like psgml-mode myself; it can almost (but not quite) validate your
SGML/HTML/XML document for you, without the need for a validator at all
:)

>>I suppose I could use emacs or something but I want something simple I
>>can just start with straight away (I've not yet started up the emacs
>>path).
>
> Ooops. :-)

Quite so. Emacs has little tolerance for newbies. What was that line?
`Emacs is designed solely for the convenience of advanced users.'

Yes --- I'm well and truly sucked into the Emacs vortex, and I don't
want to get out :)

(I dunno whether I've blown this particular trumpet on here yet:
<http://www.esperi.demon.co.uk/nix/> has my XEmacs config on it;
stealing encouraged. :) )

--
`Mmm... Maybe I just like strong women that can hurt me?'
     --- Vadik, on female throat-cutting doctors

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk