[Gllug] Off Topic

Andrew Richardson ahrichardson at clara.net
Mon Jul 23 19:23:48 UTC 2001

First of all I apologise if I am in breach of the GLLUG guidelines.

Can you help ?

I am a business graduate (2.1) with considerable accounting and office
administration experience and a passion for Linux.

I have been using and studying Mandrake & Red Hat at home since December 99
and am reaching the point where I have a decent amount of knowledge and
useable skills.  I have also done a six month hands on evening classes course
in Windows and Netware based networking.

Unfortunately I am currently stuck in a job where I cannot use these skills
at all as I work in the accounts dept of a company that is distinctly
unix-unfriendly.

Ideally I would love to find employment in a Linux friendly organisation but
I am well aware that the current market is difficult.  With this in mind, I
would also welcome the opportunity to do some voluntary unpaid work to gain
hands on practical experience.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions please could you please mail me off
list.

Many thanks

Andrew Richardson

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk