[Gllug] Website developement

Dean S Wilson dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Sun Jul 15 16:37:33 UTC 2001

---- Original Message -----
From: "David Freeman" <freemadi at yahoo.co.uk>

> I'm sorry, no matter what people say Perl is a write only language.

<-----Paragraphs about the sun rising and spoons not existing
snipped----->

A lot of the languages that we hear about on a daily basis are based
around a C like syntax. Java, Perl, PHP, C and numerous others all get
their basic statements and constructs from the same place, I don't
really see why you'd have so many issues with Perl if you do C or Java
for example. The only problems I can see are the default variables but
if you don't like those do it explicitly.

    Dean
PS I'd be interested in another poster frequency list, I bet I've
dropped a few places after this week :)
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand.
   ---  Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk