[Gllug] Perl, the dogs nadgers?

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 22:41:18 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Nix <nix at esperi.demon.co.uk>
To: <gllug at linux.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2001 7:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Gllug] Perl, the dogs nadgers?

> On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, David Freeman yowled:
> >  --- Dean S Wilson <dean.wilson3 at virgin.net> wrote:

being the dyslexic that I am i would interpret as follows:

Time inherits the flies method from the object or class arrow.

Flies is a method that can be exerted on either time or an arrow.

time can fly in the same way an arrow can in this sense.

Fruit inherits the flies method from an oject or class called banana.

If bananas and arrows both inherit methods and properties from the same
parent such as a class called projectiles (or each other for example arrow
is the parent of banana) then fruit, bananas, time and arrows all fly in the
same way.

If fruit and banana are descendants of non-projectiles and time and arrows
are descendants of projectiles then the flies method may or may not produce
the same out put or be acted in different ways.

Well like i said I'm dysenabled.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk