[Gllug] Linux Install and RAID (ABit KT7-RAID)

home at alexhudson.com home at alexhudson.com
Tue Jul 24 09:45:43 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 11:33:55AM +0100, mallum wrote:
> > KT7-RAID doesn't do hardware raid IIRC - it's an IDE board, surely? (BTW
>
> no it does; see http://www.abit-usa.com/eng/product/mb/kt7-raid.htm

I don't see anything on that page which makes me think it's hardware raid,
I'm afraid. The fact that they have large OS drivers also makes me think
it's not. That said, HighPoint even have NetBSD drivers, so they're pretty
cool to Free OSes I s'pose.

Having said that - the chips aren't entirely worthless: they appear to
support nicities like hot-swap, which sounds pretty cool :)

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk