[Gllug] local loopback interface

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 10:26:57 UTC 2001

Does anyone know how I configure the local loopback interface "lo" to
start at boot?

I've been starting it manually with "ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up" but as I
don't have my machine on all the time this isn't ideal.
I guess I could put it one of the general start scripts but I'm sure it
would be better placed in /etc/rc.d/ somewhere.
I'm using Mandrake 8.0.

--
Paul Brazier
Cosmos UK

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk